Location Froncysyllte
Borough Wrexham
Grid Reference SJ 276411
Date of visit 18 August 2004

  Situated alongside the Llangollen Canal, the Froncysyllte kilns were supplied from the Pen-y-graig quarries to the south-west. Stone was brought down a 2ft gauge self-acting incline. The works was formerly worked by the Chirk Castle Lime & Stone Co Ltd and later by Harry Williams & Son. In 1958 the incline was closed and lifted and the quarries closed by 1965.
18th February 1995 View    

Back to Wrexham limekilns index

© David Kitching 2004

Page last updated 20.8.2004