|Date of visit
|19 April 2008 & 21 April 2016
The Craven Lime Company developed a limeworks at Langcliffe in 1873 with the construction of a 22 chamber Hoffman kiln. When in use it took about six weeks to complete a whole circuit of burning. It was finally closed down in 1939 and the chimney has subsequently been demolished, although the rest of the kiln has been preserved by the local authority.
Back to Yorkshire limekilns index
© David Kitching 2016
Page last updated 22.4.2016