Location Llangattock kilns 1
County Powys
Grid Reference SO 206171
Date of visit 7 September 2003

Llangattock Wharf as it was in the 1840's. The quarries to the south at Daren Cilau and the tramroad to the kilns at Llangattock were developed by the Brecknock Boat Co from 1814 with the first kilns opening in 1815.

The remains on two kilns can still be seen by the canal adjacent to bridge No.114.


Back to Powys limekilns index

© David Kitching 2005

Page last updated 27.8.2005