|Date of visit
|29 May 2004
|The Grade II listed Pant bank of six kilns stand close to the Ellesmere Canal. The left-hand kiln is now blocked up with the face buried. Stone was brought down from the Llanymynech quarries via an inclined plane. Production appears to have ended here before 1880. A private house now stands where the charging bank was located.
Back to Shropshire limekilns index
© David Kitching 2012
Page last updated 17.8.2012