Location Llandybie
County Carmarthenshire
Grid Reference SN 6150 1670
Date of visit 4 July 2004

With the opening of the Llanelly Railway in 1857 the quarries at Llandybie were developed on a large scale. The bank of six ornate kilns were built in 1856 by the surveyor and architect R K Penson who was heavily involved in the development of the quarries. Later extensions took the number of kilns in production to nine by 1900.

Further views of Llandybie Kilns

Back to Carmarthenshire limekilns index

© David Kitching 2004

Page last updated 21.8.2004