Location Burnhead
County Dumfries & Galloway
Grid Reference NY 22270 72785
Date of visit 20 June 2009

Two kilns with the tops partly demolished. There are two draw holes and the firebrick bowl lining of one pot can be seen amidst the weeds. The 1859 OS map shows a long quarry working to the west with a tramway to the top of the kilns. By 1899 the kilns are shown as disused.

Back to Dumfries & Galloway limekilns index

© David Kitching 2010

Page last updated 16.9.2010