Location Blackwoodridge
County Dumfries & Galloway
Grid Reference NY 24540 76184
Date of visit 20 June 2009

A single kiln with a large pot. There are two draw tunnels at the front. There were extensive quarries here by 1858 and three further kilns at that time close to the road that cuts across the quarry. All appears to have been abandoned by 1899. The three kilns still exist behind the later buildings associated with processing of ground limestone.

Back to Dumfries & Galloway limekilns index

© David Kitching 2011

Page last updated 27.10.2011