Location Barjarg
County Dumfries & Galloway
Grid Reference NX 88438 90255
Date of visit 27 June 2009

The quarry and works was founded in 1788. A range of three single-draw rubble kilns in poor condition and largely masked by trees. The kilns have segmental draw arches, each with two draw holes; one of the arches is smaller than the other two. There are also two clamp kilns nearby which appear as U-shaped depressions with scattered rubble visible.

Back to Dumfries & Galloway limekilns index

© David Kitching 2015

Page last updated 28.5.2015