|Grid Reference||ST 07035 18948|
|Date of images||20 April 2015|
The kilns at Millhill were erected c1819 at the wharf close to the end of the Tavistock Canal branch to Millhill Quarry. They incorporated draughting tunnels around the structure and also had an incline plane to raise materials which may have been waterwheel powered or alternatively used a horse engine. It appears to have been partly demolished in 1854.
|© David Kitching 2016||
Page last updated 2.8.2016